Thu, 16 Nov|
CPD accredited Menopause workshop for managers
Learn how to manage menopause at work, reducing the cost & risk whilst supporting valued employees.
Time & Location
16 Nov, 09:30 – 13:00
About the event
CPD accredited menopause training for managers
According to a survey by Dr Louise Newson of over 3000 Women, 59% had taken time off work, one in five passed on the chance to go for a promotion, 19% reduced their hours and 12% resigned.
The lack of awareness and support around menopause in the workplace is costing both the careers of talented women but is also costly to employers covering sick leave, replacing valued members of staff and potentially expensive tribunals if situations are not handled correctly.
We are holding our next CPD accredited menopause training for managers online on Thursday 11th May to equip managers with the tools and information they need to help increase productivity and reduce the impact of menopause within their place of work. Feeling confident in having open and supportive conversations around menopause is key in creating open communication between employees and their managers.
Kev at Pembroke college said “As a male manager, I found this course very insightful and incredibly informative. I have gained knowledge and skills which will help me deal with staff in the best way possible."
Join us for an interactive session, where we bring menopause to life through real life case studies and group discussions.
Janene at Citizens advice bureau said ” This course was really thought provoking! Lots of helpful information and interactions. Subject wasn't medicalised and participation/questions were encouraged."
What we will cover:
- What is the menopause, the symptoms, hormones explained
- How hormonal changes affect the brain
- Menopause in the workplace statistics and impact on employers
- Employment law and menopause, role of employer & line manager
- How to support employees through open conversation and reasonable adjustments
- Real life case studies and discussions around how these would be best managed
- You will have a good overview of menopause symptoms and how they can affect people at work.
- You will know how menopause relates to current employment legislation
- You will feel equipped to have sensitive conversations with members of your team
About the trainer
Sophie is a local Menopause trainer and coach from Hormones on the blink. She delivers a range of menopause training and support to organisations and is passionate about raising awareness of peri-menopause and menopause. She belives that having access to the right information as early as possible will allow people to have a more positive menopause experience, benfiting individuals personally and professionally. Sophie received the Emerging business award at the Inspirational women of Portsmouth awards 2023, for the work she has done both in the community and supporting local businesses.
CPD Menopause for managers
This ticket includes the training session, CPD certificate, handouts and tea, coffee and pastries. Parking included.